Yongnuo Just announced the availability of a new version for one of their most popular flash units and probably the most popular flash within the strobist community the YN560 series. The is now a new YN560III.
As i mentioned before, I think that the newest version of a YN flash has to be better than its ancestor not only by its specs but for its building quality and its Quality assurance (QA).
But Whats new with the YN560III?
- Its main feature is that the new YN560III – RF-602 and RF-603 2.4G compatible radio receivers built-in to the unit! If you have those in your camera bag and you work with the popular RFs, I think you might find it very handy! You might note the graphic channel & group and indicator on its back .
- Power – Its pretty similar with the YN560II GN58 and recharging times are suppose to be very fast, just like the YN560II.
- Control – Full manual control just like the earlier models, probably including a creative stroboscopic mode.
- TTL? – No! this flash is fully manual flash with all the strobist feature and control you might think of!
- Price – If the popular YN560II sells now for about 72$ on eBay, we guess that the YN560III will sell for about 90$.
YN560III specs sheet – There is no official specs sheet yet, probably in the next couple of days something will show up, but this is what we know of:
Yongnuo the 2.4GHz wireless flash YN-560 III
- Using RF-602 / RF-603 2.4GHz built-in radio receivers. Range 100 meters and above.
- Full support for RF-603, RF-602 wireless transmitter. Supports 16 channels.
- Large LCD screen, clear and easy to use.
- Zoom function 24 ~ 105mm.
- Power – GN58 @ ISO100, 105mm. Supports M / Multi mode.
- Sync methods – triggered on camera, 2.4GHz radio trigger, or optic slave with S1 and S2 pre-flash avoid.
- External battery packs socket.
- PC sync port.
- Sound Prompts system (beeps) (Note: the sound can be turned off).
- Recycle time, about 4 to 5 seconds at full power
- Custom Functions.
- Settings might be saved automatically.
- Metal Foot.
I think Yongnou hit a nother best seller here.
8 thoughts on “Just Announced YN560III – Whats New About It?”
Sounds interesting,even thoght I stoped using my “old” RFs since I got myself a YN622 set, but its very nice to know there is a new 560 flash out there.
Yep new flash meens better QA for me, so I almost always go with a newer version as long the diff is only a couple of bucks.
Too bad, just received two YN560 II … with 603 receivers … 🙂
Hi Huno, you shouldn’t be so sorry, its a good deal anyway.
Could you help me decide between 560 III and 560 EX ?
70$ vs 96$