I don’t remember when and where I saw the for the first time (I had this post on draft for some time), you can read the full story at a discussion in this forum. At first glance I wondered if canon made some kind of a rare realise for probably their most popular lens the canon 50 f/1.8 ,thought it will make sense if they do so (I’m sure there will be many to buy the white one), but then when I took a closer look and read the rest of the discussionI realized that its a great original DIY project.
How nntenzo (thats his profile on the forum) did it? Its basicly simple:
- You have to get some colors to get the white-grey Canon L look (cost him about 3$) and some printer decal paper, thats are leaser printer paper that remuvable tatooes are made of, or “best daddy in the world” cups.
- He painted the lens with a brush, but you can use an air brush too, while covering the palces you don’t want to color with a duck tape.That will get you a bare white Canon 50mm 1.8.
- Print on the decal paper the logos you want to put, he downloaded them from the net using google images.
- Paste the logos in place on to your white lens.
- Of you go, you have your privet Canon 50 f/1.8 white version!
Here is another version for this great one:
I didn’t find those Canon logos on the net, PLS share here if you found it.
Share your versions if you did one!