Inspired both by an article I read this week in Popular Photography (Fungi FireFight by Mathew Ismael Ruiz ) and my son’s crazy period with
the last children figures : Toys Story soldiers and Angry birds, I’ve decided that after so much time, it will be my shot at the toys in action photography scene.
So what do you need?
- I used in this scene some toy soldiers and angry birds figures you get when you buy a popsicle .
- My son’s pocket camera (Canon 720IS) , yes he has a working digital pocket camera at the age of 4…
- Macro mode for close focusing.
- Manual mode for correct exposure (about 1/100th and f/5.6 and some playing around).
- No flash, manual focus.
- Take some angles.
- Let the boy be the art director!
Images were edited with LR4 and default presets.
Here are some examples:
Had some fun? let us know, just comment bellow or share your own images.
2 thoughts on “Soldier Vs. Andgry Birds – Photographing Toys In Action”
Gosh… I see the Toy story addiction is a global issue `-)
The only thing my boy talked about for about 10 month was Buzz Buzz Buzz…
Tell me about it…