I first heard of Linard Benoit when contacted Marton Gorka about his article here, then I started to search who this guy is, well his his website can’t open on my computer, so I continued searching and found his flickr page and galleries. Well, this dud is god damn talented!!! He has lot of ideas (Marton could say it too `-) ) and an extremely easy and productive DIY Project I’m writing about in this post :
The Easiest Beauty Dish Ever!!!
Actually easy isn’t the exact word, cause you can find on the net DIY beauty dishes made of disposable baking dishes but for a durable beauty dish its the best I found, so spare no time and lets dive in!!!
- A plate – 40cm diameter ~4Euros. For this price I’d go and buy it in case you are married or still living with your mom ;-)
- Lambency diffuser – If you don’t have one yet, you can buy one on eBay for about 10$, depending on your main flash model. PLS keep in mind there are some bargains on eBay that sells about 7$, but are universal fit (goes with all flash models). I’d go for a 12$ unit that will exactly fit my flash.
- Some scotch stripes to proper hold the flash.
- Black and White masking tapes – for a good looking DIY beauty Dish!!!
- Mark the borders or your Lambency.
- Drill some holes through the lines you’ve just drown and cut it with metal cutting scissors.
- White Paint or use white masking tape to get white reflective beauty dish or leave the interior metallic to get a more contrasting lighting.
- Put on top of your Lambency, a good, thick white board to get all the flash light back to your plate= new beauty dish.
- Put the Lambency in and off you go.
You made your own Beauty dish?
LEt US KNOW HOW
Just comment below!
Liked this tut? SHARE IT!